Chemi-pure can be used with all water types as a chemical absorption filter and ion generator and exchange unit to positively keep pH at a perfect constant level. Also fantastic for use with African Cichlids and Discus! Needs replacement only every six months under normal circumstances. Use 1 unit up to 40 gallons, 2 units from 40 to 100 gallons, above 100 gallons add one unit for every 25 gals. 10oz. Contains 1/2 unit enough to treat 20 gallons.
Chemi-pure Elite formula now contains ferric oxide, that helps remove slime and PO4 (phosphates), giving your coral and fish a healthy environment to grow and live.
Soft corals - Crustose Coralline Algaes - Caulerpas - Gorgonias - Seafans - other invertebrates and fish of all species thrive and grow luxuriously with no water change necessary using real seawater or the better imported mixes. This is not a claim, but fact, experienced by thousands of CHEMI-PURE users. In fact, salt water fish have spawned repeatedly in 5 year old water. CHEMI-PURE does not remove trace elements and is the only filter medium which aids in the natural balance of positive and negative charges, with an emphasis on the beneficial negative ion. CHEMI-PURE comes packed in pure polyester filter bags in sealed plastic bottles, called 1 unit, one of which is recommended for up to 40 gallons of water, and which is completely active for 4-6 months with no `regeneration` or cleaning required and is cheaper than carbon or pads. The one filtration product we unreservedly recommend for use with CHEMI-PURE is the Poly-Filter, by Poly-Bio Marine! Use one pad above and one below the CHEMI-PURE bag. We also recommend the use of foam fractionation or ""protein skimmers.""
Does Chemi-pure remove trace element?
You do not have to worry about Chemi-pure removing trace elements and being a problem. Chemi-pure does contain some carbon and will remove trace amounts of some elements, but not to the extent where you would see any significant effects on any levels in your aquarium.
Will Chemi-pure raise my pH higher than it is now?
Chemi-pure works together with your waters chemistry to safely buffer an improper or low pH. It will not raise your pH from any level, but help keep it at a constant level for your aquarium.
Can I open the bag and separate the product to fit into my filter?
No, you should never cut open the bag and separate the product at all. The product ingredients do not mix evenly. If it is separated, you may not get the full benefits of the product as it is designed to do.
Where in my filter should I place the product?
Anywhere that you can put the product so it has a substantial flow of water going through the bag will do just fine. If you place in a canister filter, put a little bit of filter floss below and above the product to take up some extra room and give a nice fit.
- LONGER LIFE - Fish often live three to four times longer than in any other closed system, fresh or marine.
- NECESSARY ORGANISMS - Allowed growth with no danger of pollution.
- REMOVES OFFENSIVE ODORS
- REAL SEA WATER OR ARTIFICIAL
- REMOVES TOXIC ELEMENTS - Including Copper & Phenol
- IMMEDIATE ACCLIMATION - with ravenous appetite
- QUICKER RESPONSES - Neurological reactions like fishes in natural habitat
- FRESHWATER FISHES - of all species thrive
- ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR AFRICAN CICHLIDS & DISCUS
- NO WATER CHANGE NECESSARY - for at least 5 years (length of test only) PERHAPS NEVER!
- CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER - Always sparkling blue-white water
- NO CLEANING - Necessary for health of fish.
- CONSTANT pH - Always within the safe range
- NO OSMOTIC SHOCK - 90% eliminated
- NO ION ANTAGONISM
- ECONOMICAL - Replacement only every six to eight months makes initial cost very low - eliminates expensive water changes - fewer losses.
Boyd Enterprises Chemi Pure Elite 11.74 oz
- Product Code: BECPE5
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $11.85