AquaMaxx AF-1 Automatic Filter Roller
Peace out, filter socks. Enjoy more and do less, the AF-1 Automatic Filter will let you enjoy your aquarium with less maintenance by removing the need to change out your filter socks or sponges every few days.
Leaving clogged filter socks in your system for too long increases the chance for food and waste to decay within the filter sock, if the sock is not removed every few days. The AF-1 eliminates this chance, automatically removing this waste from your water column before it has time to break down.
The AF-1 is fed water through its 1.5″ inlet directly entering its internal chamber, then filtered through the exposed fleece. As water passes the filter fleece begins to clog with detritus, uneaten food, organic waste, etc., the water will rise within the AF-1`s chamber, triggering the water level switch for the motor to wind on the filter roll to a new fresh piece. The water level will then drop and the process will repeat itself until the roll is near its end.
Stock up on replacement filter Fleece Rolls! This Automatic Filter Roller includes a starter 50µ roll.
- Clearer Water – Waste has no time to breakdown in the water column, for cleaner and clearer water
- Slide-out Pulley System – Replace your dirty filter fleece roll, easily, just loosen a few screws and slide out the pulleys
- Reduced Maintenance – No need for swapping filter socks every few days
- Suitable for fresh and marine aquariums
- Adjustable mounting bracket
- High volume filtration capacity
- Minimal installation footprint
- Completely replaces the need for filter socks
- Self-assembly for easy cleaning
- Multiple installation options
- Automatic advance of dirty fleece
- Flow rate: 1320 gph
- Footprint: 13 x 9″
- Height: 16.6″
- Inlet Connection: 1.5″ elbow
- Optimum operation water depth: 10 to 17 cm ~ 4 to 6.5″ (measured from the bottom of the unit)
- Roll Width: 6″
- Roll Length: 82 ft
- Roll Micron Rating: 50µ
AquaMaxx is a Southern California-based aquarium supply company that entered the market in mid-2008 with a line of affordable metal halide bulbs. The brand quickly gained recognition as word spread about the high quality and low cost of their lamps. In 2009, AquaMaxx released a line of aquarium filter socks and, in early 2010, unveiled an assortment of high-performance protein skimmer accessories and upgrades.