The latest AquaMaxx ConeS HOB Hang-On-Back Protein Skimmer takes all of the great features of the ConeS CO-1 skimmer and adapts them to a hang-on-back version. Now, you can get all the great performance of the ConeS CO-1 skimmer without needing a sump. It is rated up to 175 gallons in a design compact enough to be placed on a small or medium-size saltwater aquarium.
AquaMaxx ConeS HOB Hang-On-Back Protein Skimmer efficiently remove organic waste from aquarium water. With an advance bubble chamber design that features numerous conical diffusers, the turbulence in the reaction chamber is reduced and a stable laminar flow is achieved to maximize efficiency and performance.
Achieve a Stable Laminar Flow and Maximize Efficiency!
In conjunction with the innovative bubble chamber, a powerful needle wheel pump generates optimally-sized air bubbles that force protein, waste and other materials through the hybrid cone body and into a collection cup for easy removal.
Computer-precision engineered and outfit with the latest filtration technology, AquaMaxx protein skimmers are engineered to deliver the performance and value you are looking for in a skimmer.
AquaMaxx Skimmers are built using a brilliantly polished cell-cast acrylic. They incorporate the high-end features hardcore hobbyists demand at a price everyone can afford. The ConeS Series is equipped with advanced bubble chambers, hybrid-cone bodies, air silencers and needle wheel impellers for maximum performance, efficiency and whisper quiet operation.
AquaMaxx ConeS Skimmers feature high-quality Italian-made Sicce pumps. Each Sicce pump motor block is then modified and fitted with proprietary AquaMaxx needle wheel impellers. With the precise modifications and upgrades, performance is boosted much beyond that of a stock pump. The upgraded AquaMaxx ‘Shark’ pump is capable of drawing in significantly more air and chops them up to the optimum bubble size for protein extraction. These pump and protein skimmer combinations deliver unprecedented performance and reliability. Accumulated protein and organics will be vigorously removed from your tank so you can focus less on maintenance and more on enjoying your piece of the reef.
The AquaMaxx ConeS HOB Hang-On-Back Protein Skimmer is designed from the ground up with the hobbyist in mind. A built-in air intake silencer reduces noise for near-silent operation. The hybrid-cone design maximizes the size of the reaction chamber and to allow the skimmate to smoothly rise into the collection cup. The advanced Bubble Chamber decreases turbulence and produced a stable laminar flow: which improves bubble transition and boosts skimmer performance.
Ease of Use
AquaMaxx protein skimmers are easy to setup and maintain. To adjust the water level, simply rotate the reaction chamber.
Maintenance is simple. The collection cup can also be easily removed for cleaning with a simple twist. Plus, every AquaMaxx protein skimmer includes a drain fitting for hobbyists who want to setup a separate reservoir for skimmate.
Water quality and consistency is crucial to the success of a marine aquarium. An AquaMaxx protein skimmer will help to ensure that success.
- Modified and upgraded Italian Sicce needle-wheel pump produces optimum bubble size for high-efficiency protein skimming
- Cone body extends through the collection cup to easy bubble transition and maximize skimmer efficiency
- Efficient, durable and reliable
- Simple to set up and operate
- Cell-cast acrylic construction
- ShockMaxx rubber feet isolate noise and reduce vibration
- New outlet design minimizes footprint, reduces skimmer height and allows for fine-tuning
- Exclusive collection cup design with a handle that allows you to easy hold and transport the collection cup for cleaning
- Dimension : L 8.75″ x W 5.5 x H 20 Inch
- Pump(included): AquaMaxx SHARK 1.5 (modified and upgraded Sicce pump)
- Pump power consumption: 16 Watts
- Outlet size: 1 Inch
- Minimum tank height 9″
- Filtration Rating: up to 175 Gallons (light bioload) or 90 Gallons (heavy bioload)
- Requires approximately 1″ of clearance to remove collection cup.
- Fits aquarium rims up to 3/4″ thick
All of our products are backed by a 60-day return policy although the skimmers will also carry a 1-year manufacturer warranty from AquaMaxx. Each skimmer will include detailed instructions and diagrams to help hobbyists get up and running immediately.