The Aquatic Life X18 Hybrid Fixture lets you pair T5HO lighting with your favorite LED light fixture over your aquarium, catering to your corals` and plants` lighting needs.
Through the many years in the aquatic hobby of growing corals or plants, seasoned hobbyists have realized that a combination of different light types works best over their aquarium. Metal halide lights were once dominant in this field, however, through technology, LED fixtures are now the lighting buzz and provide the same high intensity, without the operating cost. Also, like halide lights, LED’s are a point-source light, creating a shimmering effect in the aquarium. Combining LED light with T5HO fluorescent light provides the benefits of efficient intensity and diffused lighting – meaning no more shadows often seen with only LED lights.
Before, when hobbyists wanted to add T-5s to supplement their LED fixtures they either had to buy an expensive custom fixture or attempt to build and wire their own mounting frame. In most cases the results were less than optimal and even dangerous. The Aquatic Life Hybrid X18 system eliminates all these problems with a universal LED mounting system that is compatible with all the major LED reef fixtures.
Pair your X18 with popular LEDs like:
- AquaIllumination Hydra 26
- AquaIllumination Hydra 52
- EcoTech Radion XR15w
- EcoTech Radion XR30w
- Kessil A360X
- Kessil A360WE / A360NE
- Kessil AP700
- And more….
- The fixture comes assembled. Simply attach the included suspension cables and LED mounting brackets. LED brackets can be positioned where needed and locked into place
- Optional mounting brackets available for securing your LED fixture
- Silicone socket end caps protect ends of lamps from moisture and allow lamps to operate at optimal temperature
- Single power cord for easy setup. Conceal the LED cords in the built-in cord routers at each end of the fixture
- Reflector design keeps T5HO light inside aquarium
- The HEP® brand ballasts work with 100-277 V, 50-60 Hz electric and use end-of-life protection to prevent bad lamps from lighting.
- Each fixture ballast is tested prior to shipping the fixture by Aquatic Life.
- 1 x Four Lamp Fixture Housing
- 2 x Power Cord (40cm)
- 1 x Cord Management Strip
- 8 x Rectangular LED Bracket
- 18 x Bracket Screws
- 2 x Suspension Hardware
Note: Assembly requires a Phillips head screwdriver.
AquaticLife Aquarium Supplies
AquaticLife is a Southern California based company that innovates, markets & manufactures premium branded aquarium equipment. AquaticLife products and information are designed to bring the experience of marine life into the home. The company manufactures a variety of aquarium products for both freshwater and saltwater applications. Water quality monitors and testing supplies, water filtration and submersible pumps are just a sampling of what this up-and-coming company offers. AquaticLife is best known for their stylish, powerful and extremely user-friendly light fixtures. They are also recognized for their outstanding customer support and helpful educational materials.