The AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro is the smallest auto top-off system available today. This makes it especially great for nano aquariums that don’t have a lot of extra space inside the tank.
How small is it? The level sensor is about the same diameter as a penny! If you install the sensor in your Nano tank, you’ll never notice it’s there. The magnetic mounting system is tiny but works on glass, plastic and painted surfaces up to ½” thick. The optical sensor has no moving parts. No float switches. Nothing to get stuck. The sensor can be mounted in a sump or directly in the aquarium.
Installation is quick and easy; no programming or adjustments are needed. Simply place the water level sensor at the desired water height in the sump or aquarium. As the water evaporates the sensor will turn on the DC water pump in your freshwater reservoir. You can use a bucket or an aquarium to hold the make-up water. When the pump refills the aquarium to the desired height, the Smart Mini Controller shuts off the pump.
AutoAqua incorporated their QST (Quick Security Technology) into the ATO’s monitoring system. The Smart Mini Controller records the time it takes to top off the aquarium the first time you turn it on. If at any time the refill pump runs longer than three times the initial top off time, the system sends out an audible alert and turns on a blinking red LED. The refill pump also includes a siphon breaker to prevent backflow into the reservoir.
What we really like about the Smart ATO Micro system:
- Very tiny sensor – ideal for small marine and freshwater aquariums
- Kit contains everything needed right out of the box – refill pump, 6.5’ hose, sensor, power adapter and magnetic mounts for the sensor and refill tubing
- Red LED and audible warning alert and blue LED for normal operation
- Easy set-up
- Water level memory can be reset if necessary
- Quiet operation
AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro Features:
- Smallest ATO on the market
- Maintains proper salinity in marine aquariums
- Practically invisible in the aquarium
- Patent-pending optical sensor
- No moving parts
- Simple magnetic mount system
- Plug and play set-up
- Quick Security Technology warns of malfunction
- 1-year warranty
AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro Specifications:
- Brushless DC refill pump with 30,000-hour lifespan
- Maximum head: 6.5 feet
- Accepts tubing with 6.5 mm I.D.
- Max flow rate: 74 GPH
- Power consumption: 4.5W@12 volts
- Power cord length: 5.5 Ft.
- Pump cord length: 5.5 Ft.