ELOS AQUA TEST KIT- PH FRESHWATER
Regular monitoring of the pH-level is one of the basic tests necessary to note and to avoid any negative developments. ELOS AquaTest PH Freshwater, allows a determination of the pH-value with the help of a finely tuned color scale which shows a range of 5.8 to 8.3 pH-units.
The pH-value is a measure of the concentration of the acidic or alkaline components in a hydrous solution. Pure water will react neutral and has a pH-value of 7. If the acidic components are predominant, the pH value will drop below 7.
If the basic components predominate, the pH value will rise above 7. In fresh water aquariums (when not dedicated to Malawi cichlids etc.) the optimum pH value is between 6.2 and 7.2 which is the value found in natural waters.
- Easy-reading: “Real Color” technology.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated droppers
- NIST validation: each batch of Elos reagents is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- “Safe reagents”: reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. ELOS test kits are not based on Toxic Reagents.
- Fresh water (low range) pH Test (5.8 – 8.3)
ELOS AquaTest pH Freshwater, as well as all the other colorimetric test kit of this line, grant very high precision thanks to several procedures like the use of “RealColor” technology, an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents; the validation of each reagent with NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples and the careful stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the freshest production batch.