The concentration of dissolved and particulate organic materials in any aquatic environment can have a significant impact on the overall appearance of, as well as the health of organisms residing within, that system. Relatively low-nutrient environments are characterized by high water clarity, lack of unpleasant odors, and absence of microalgae and cyanobacteria; this is collectively a result of the lack of nitrogen-, phosphorus-, and carbon-based waste available. Aquaria that are relatively rich in available nutrients have characteristics opposite to the afore mentioned, and are typically not desirable because of the resultant appearance of the system and the difficulty of maintaining healthy aquarium inhabitants.
Brightwell Aquatics FlorinBacter is a selective complex of extremely effective microbes and enzymes that rapidly reduces the concentrations of organic nitrogen, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, and organic carbon in freshwater ecosystems, leading to greatly improved water quality; better water quality typically leads to healthier aquarium inhabitants. Use of FlorinBacter does not alleviate the requirement for regular partial water changes to help maintain proper concentrations of elements that are vital to long-term health and survival of aquarium inhabitants. No product, regardless of manufacturer`s fatuous marketing claims, can do this.
- Suspension of non-pathogenic aerobic and anaerobic microbes, as well as natural enzymes, specifically formulated to establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation through complete nutrient remineralization. Specifically formulated for use in freshwater aquaria
- Particularly useful in freshwater aquaria with high population densities of fish species that are active swimmers and/or require frequent feeding
- Supplied in a state of suspended animation for maximum longevity
- Formulated utilizing extensive data compiled by microbiologists
Instructions and Guidelines
- Shake product well before using. Mix appropriate volume of FlorinBacter (see below) with 250-ml (~8 fl. oz.) of aquarium water in a clean container prior to addition to aquarium. If using a pipette to dispense FlorinBacter below water level of container or aquarium, be sure to thoroughly clean pipette with fresh (preferably purified) water prior to placing tube back into FlorinBacter bottle; failure to do so will contaminate the product. Best results may be obtained by adding mixture to external biological filtration system (if applicable). Do not add to pump intake port(s), which can negatively impact the microbes present in FlorinBacter. For best results, use within 1-year of purchase date. Grossly overdosing FlorinBacter will not significantly increase the effectiveness of the product, nor the rate at which it enacts changes in aquaria. The following recommendations are based upon extensive testing and will produce the best results in most aquaria.
- Medium- to High-nutrient Systems, or to seed Biological Filtration in new aquaria: To effectively decrease the concentration of available nutrients and waste material in all freshwater aquaria, add 5 ml (1 capful) per 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) [˜4 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water daily for the first two weeks of use; the impact that FlorinBacter has on an aquarium is most evident within this period. Turn UV-sterilization and/or ozonation off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria. A noticeable difference in water clarity is typically apparent within 30-minutes of dosing. Follow same instructions for new aquarium start-up. Thereafter, switch to “low-nutrient” dosage (below).
- Stable, Low-nutrient Systems: To maintain a low concentration of available nutrients in freshwater aquaria, dose 5 ml (1 capful) of FlorinBacter per 50 US-gallons (189.3 L) [˜2 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water no more than once each week; alternately, and for best results, add 1 drop per 50 US-gallons daily (or 1 drop per 25 US-gallons every other day). UV-sterilization and/or ozonation off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria.
Dosage may be adjusted according to perceived benefit to aquarium, however it is recommended that the dosage not exceed 1 drop per 10 US-gallons per day. With time, aquarists may determine that decreasing the dosage by up to 50% sufficiently maintains a low-nutrient environment. During changes in biological filtration or when increasing the aquarium bioload, dose 1 drop per 25 US-gallons daily for one week, then resume “low-nutrient” dosage.
- Caution: May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Ingredients: Purified water, proprietary blend of natural enzymes and non-pathogenic, beneficial microorganisms.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.