Hanna Instruments Checker Plus pH Tester HI98100
The HI98100 Checker Plus is the next generation of the original Hanna Checker pH tester. The Checker is the most popular pH meter in the world with over 1 million meters used since its introduction in 1991. From students to researchers, the Checker has been helping people with their pH measurement as a meter that is simple to use and operate. A replaceable electrode extends the life of your digital pH tester.
- ±0.2 pH accuracy
- Comes with all the necessary solutions and batteries- everything you need to get started measuring right away.
- Great for environmental, field, and laboratory testing.
The main difference between the HI98100 and HI98103 is the Checker Plus HI98100 has PH resolution to the 0.01. The HI98103 only measure`s ph to the tenth 0.1. The Checker Plus HI98100 also has automatic calibration to one or two points, automatic buffer recognition, calibrated buffer tags, stability indicator, low battery indicator, and select-able automatic shut off.
- Economical – The Checker Plus is a full-featured pH tester at a price that anyone that needs to measure pH can afford. Large LCD – Enhanced LCD that displays reading, stability indicator, low battery indicator and calibration tags.
- Replaceable pH Electrode – The HI1271 supplied gel filled pH electrode is 103 mm long and tapers to an 8 mm diameter at the sensing end. This narrow electrode easily fits into test tubes, vials, and other containers with small opening.
- Automatic Calibration – The Checker Plus is calibrated automatically to one or two points. The calibration buffers are automatically recognized and after calibration the buffer values used are shown on the display as a tag.
- Stability Indicator – An hourglass indicator is displayed on the LCD until a stable reading is obtained. Once a reading stabilized the indicator disappears and a reading can be recorded.
- Automatic Shut-Off – The meter can be set to automatically turn off after 8 minutes or 60 minutes to conserve battery life in the event that the meter is left on. The auto off feature can be disabled.
- Long Battery Life – The Checker Plus has an exceptional long battery life of approximately 1000 hours. When the battery power is running low a low battery indicator is displayed.
- Plastic Carrying Case – The HI98100 Checker Plus is supplied complete with meter, probe, calibration solutions and cleaning solutions packaged in a durable plastic carrying case.
|pH Range||0.00 to 14.00 pH|
|pH Resolution||0.01 pH|
|pH Accuracy (@25ºC/77ºF)||±0.2 pH|
|Calibration||Automatic, one or two points with three standard buffers available (pH 4.01, 7.01 and 10.01)|
|Battery Type/Life||1.5V CR2032 (1) / approximately 1000 hours of continuous use|
|Electrode/Probe||HI1271 pH electrode with screw type connector (included)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95%|
|Dimensions||50 x 174 x 21 mm (2 x 6.8 x 0.9”)|
|Weight||50 g (1.8 oz.)|
|Ordering Information||HI98100 is supplied with:
|Warranty||1 Year (pH probe 6 months)|
Hanna Instruments USA Aquarium Supplies
Hanna Instruments is a leading manufacturer of analytical aquarium instrumentation. They were founded in 1978 and are headquartered in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. When Hanna introduced pH Electronic Paper in 1986 it literally revolutionized the world of testing by allowing millions of people in various industries to test for pH in a simple, accurate and affordable way. Hanna employees are constantly challenging themselves to improve on existing technology and to invent new testing techniques with the common goal to simplify analytical testing. This applies not only to instrumentation, but also to sensors development, reagents and chemicals. Hanna also believes in controlling the quality of their products from inception to delivery so they manufacture everything themselves, from meters and electrodes to chemical reagents and buffer solutions.