ETH 200 In-Line Heater UL Listed 200 Watt for 12mm & 1/2″ Hose
External thermal heater which includes the PTC system. Suitable for all external canister filters
The Hydor ETH in-line external heater is designed for vertical use in most aquarium applications involving water hose of the specified diameter. The ETH must be used in a vertical manner for correct operation. The most common application is for use with canister filter, however the ETH is easily adapted for use in almost any situation where heated aquarium water is required, such as with wet/dry sump pumps. The ETH is easily installed by cutting the tubing and connecting the two parts of the tube to each side of the ETH. For reduced maintenance, it is recommended that the ETH be installed within the filter`s output assembly. As most canister filters are not designed to bear weight, it is recommended that the ETH be properly supported by the use of the attached loop to avoid stress on the output assembly. The ETH is completely safe and UL Listed. There is no danger of damage if the ETH is left running dry for short periods as the ETH will switch itself off in that event. The ETH heats with high efficiency by means of an internal heat pump system that avoids temperature variations. For use in freshwater and marine aquariums. Fits most canister filters such as the Hydor Prime, the Rena Filstar, Eheim canisters, and the Fluval canisters with the use of a short section of tubing to complete the connection. Use of the ETH cleaning brush is recommended.
- Completely safe.
- No danger of damage if the equipment is left running without water for a short period of time.
- Patented heating element made with the exclusive PTC system. The traditional metal resistor coils have been replaced by a special polymer sheet silk- screened with heating ink.
- Setting of temperature controlled by an electronic circuit with indicator light.
- Connectors suitable for any flexible pipe of all external filters.
- Two year manufacturer`s warranty.