The IceCap Kalk Mixer makes adding calcium hydroxide simpler. The IceCap Kalk Mixer is a dedicated reactor for mixing calcium hydroxide (Kalkwasser) solution to ensure maximum concentration with each dose to your aquarium and eliminates the need for frequent manual mixing. A clever magnetic mixer means no more pesky powerheads to clean and replace frequently.
The intelligent design makes maintenance a breeze and the slim profile allows for easy placement under your tank and integration with your existing ATO system.
- Adjustable speed magnetic mixer
- Solid PVC and acrylic construction
- Compact profile easily fits under your tank
- Reactor vessel detaches from base for easy maintenance
- Push-fit tubing connectors
- Convenient quick-fill cap for mess free Kalkwasser addition
- Sealed airtight environment preserves solution potency
- Gravity drain design ensures reliable performance
- Using Kalkwasser to supplement the aquarium with calcium and carbonates is one of the most efficient and economic methods and has been used successfully on reef aquariums for many years.
- The Kalkwasser powder is relatively inexpensive, is super concentrated and can simply be mixed into your top-off water. Additionally, the elevated pH of the resulting kalkwasser solution and CO2 reducing properties help to maintain a more desirable and stable pH of 8.3 inside your tank.
- The use of the IceCap Kalk Mixer will ensure maximum concentration with each dose to your aquarium and reduce the need for frequent manual addition and mixing of the solution.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Simply connect the IceCap Kalk Mixer to any freshwater reservoir with the use of an Auto Top Off unit or dosing pump.
- Kalkwasser powder is then added to the mixing chamber via the handy quick-fill cap.
- The adjustable speed motor should then be attached to a timer or controller and set to periodically mix the solution inside the reactor a few times per day.
- When freshwater is pumped from your ATO reservoir into the reactor, the freshly mixed and highly concentrated Kalkwasser solution is pushed out and into your aquarium.
- When adding kalkwasser to any aquarium, it is best to use a pump with a slow flow rate. Due to the high pH of the solution, you must add kalkwasser slowly and in small amounts, typically multiple times per day. Most ATO systems on the market will fit the flow rate needs of the reactor very nicely because of the small and frequent dosages of freshwater.
- Once every two weeks, the kalkwasser powder in the reactor will need to be replenished and thanks to the quick-fill cap, the process is painless and mess-free.
- The entire reactor vessel only needs to be rinsed out completely once per month to dispose of precipitates and make room for fresh Kalkwasser powder.
- Footprint: 7″ x 7″
- Body Diameter: 6″
- Height: 25″
- Necessary ATO system, calcium hydroxide (kalkwasser), dosing pump and timer/controller are required and sold separately.
- Note: Kalk Mixer motor is not suitable for continuous use and should not be run constantly.
Ice Cap Aquarium Supplies
IceCap has been introducing innovative lighting products into the aquarium hobby for more than two decades. The company is committed to producing benchmark quality products and has set the standard for efficiency and reliability. IceCap is committed to nurturing and supporting an increasingly self-sustaining hobby of coral reef enthusiasts. IceCap started the R.E.E.F. Foundation to encourage and facilitate recycling, education and a more conscientious use of both living and material resources. We carry a variety of IceCap aquarium lighting supplies including bulbs, fixtures, retrofit kits and accessories.