The Inland Seas Nu-Clear Model 522 is perfect for ponds up to 600 gallons and freshwater and saltwater fish only tanks up to 90 gallons. The 18 sq. ft. 100 micron poly-screen cartridge does not trap debris in the fibers of the material like other cartridges, so it may be simply rinsed clean and does not require bleaching. This filter will hold 1.5 lbs of activated carbon for absorbing water yellowing compounds and other dissolved organics. Includes pressure gauge and 1.5 lbs of pre-bagged premium Inland Seas Marine and Reef Activated Carbon.
- User Manual
- Heavy duty molded PVC construction with a stainless steel lid clamp for secure leak free operation
- 2 year manufacturer guarantee
- Filter bodies are approximately 13″ wide and 12.5″ tall (overall width with fittings is 15”). An additional clearance of 8” above the filter is required to remove the cartridge for cleaning
- Can be used with the Model 1522 Extension Kit to double the filtering capacity
- 1″ FNPT inlet and outlet ports allowing for higher flow rates (up to 1,200 gallons/hr) than similar filters with 3/4” ports.
- All models come with adapters for 3/4″ and 1″ hose, stainless steel hose clamps, Teflon tape, and a drain valve
- Does not include pump, hose or a method for connecting the filter to your tank. We highly recommend using the Inland Sea Suctions and Returns with the Nu-Clear Filters, and we carry several models of aquarium and pond water pumps.