The new Milwaukee MA887 Seawater Digital Refractometer encompasses 3 different types of user selected scales for the measurement of seawater providing for a much more precise evaluation. Each scale is temperature compensated.
1. PSU – The newest type scale standard – Letters stand for Practical Salinity Units and is fast become the universal standard for seawater measurement
2. ppt – The old standard of Parts Per Thousand of saturated salt. This is the oldest of the 3 seawater measurements scales
3. S.G. The current standard of Specific Gravity hydrometers and refractometers.
The digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable.
Simple and easy to use! Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with steam-distilled water (do not use RO or RO/DI water for calibration). Within seconds, the refractive index and temperature are measured and converted in to one of three popular measurement units. Temperature is also displayed on the large dual-level display.
The Milwaukee Instruments MA887 digital refractometer is easy to calibrate and easy to read and provides highest accuracy possible for the measurement of seawater 3 specific scales. This is the type of accuracy demanded by today’s professionals and Milwaukee Instruments delivers.
A Milwaukee Instruments Protective Hardshell Case is also available and sold separately.
- Range: 1.000 – 1.114
- Resolution: 0.001
- Accuracy: 0.002
- Measurement Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V (included)
- Dual-Level LCD Display
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Easy Setup and Storage
- Battery Operation with Low Power Indicator
- Automatically Turns Off After 3 Minutes of Non-Use
- Stainless Steel Sample Well and Flint Glass Prism