Philips CoralCare Gen2 LED Light Fixture (Black)
If you`re looking to balance optimal coral growth with natural tank aesthetics, look no further. The Philips CoralCare2 is a slim, wirelessly controlled LED light designed with optimal light balance to produce a natural reef appearance while still delivering the spectrums necessary for coral growth.
- Wireless Control** – The CoralCare can switch between two distinct lighting channels, in addition to preprogrammed schedules, effortlessly via wireless control.
- Wide Spectral Range – The CoralCare spectral distribution balances light intensities for growth with those for vivid coloration to create an ideal reef experience.
- Perfect Light Balance – The CoralCare`s innovative design features 68 carefully positioned LEDs to recreate natural sunlight, without unpleasant caustic effects.
- Quality & Reliability – This slim design is passively cooled and uses the most efficient LEDs on the market—all without any loss of light quality.
**Please Note** The CoralCare Controller is sold separately
Excellent coral growth & natural reef appearance
Proper lighting is one of the key aspects when maintaining a marine aquarium with corals and reef fish. The corals need the correct light intensity and spectral content to grow efficiently, but reefers also demand seamless color rendering so they can enjoy the brilliantly vivid colors of the corals. The Philips CoralCare spectral distribution is designed to achieve an ideal balance of those two criteria.
The CoralCare Gen2 has been further optimized in order to enhance the natural color rendering in daylight settings and maximize the fluorescence of the corals in evening settings. The new Gen2 design features 68 state-of-the-art LEDs and 6 different wavelengths, smartly grouped over two distinct user-controlled channels. This offers you control over a wide range of color points (from natural white to saturated blue) without ever worrying about harming your corals with the wrong spectral content.
Natural light patterns
Just as with CoralCare Gen 1, this light is homogeneously mixed and distributed thanks to the optical light guide and diffused glass plate. The CoralCare Gen 2 has been further refined by grouping the LEDs in triangular clusters and adding four carefully placed clear areas in the glass plate.
The cluster placement is deliberately chosen to create subtle but natural light patterns in the water. The clear areas in the glass plate add extra dynamic light effects when warm natural color points are selected. This mimics the patterns perceived on the ocean floor at noon when the sun is at its highest point. During the evening, when blueish color points are being selected, this dynamic effect fades just like it does in nature.
This architecture results in an ideal balance between efficiency, uniform light distribution in the aquarium, color homogeneity, and the right level of light dynamics.
Easy to control & install
The CoralCare Gen2 LED fixture can be controlled wirelessly using your mobile device or with your PC (controller sold separately). In addition, it includes a 0-10V port so you can connect the light to third-party aquarium controllers like the HYDROS Control 4, Neptune Systems Apex, and GHL ProfiLux. What`s more, the new wireless controller is also compatible with CoralCare Gen1 fixtures.
Choose from user-friendly preprogrammed lighting schedules or easily create a custom 24-hour lighting schedule to suit your coral needs. You can even share your lighting schedules with other reefers!
Direct control is also available for maintenance or checking on your reef inhabitants. There`s an acclimatization phase for introducing new corals or installing new CoralCare lamps, which allows you to gradually increase the intensity of the light to match the needs of your corals. The single box system (with integrated drivers) also includes a hanging kit for quick and easy installation with adjustable height and positioning.
- Low energy consumption and long-lasting performance, offering over 25,000 hours of light
- Large thermal cooling surface (7kg) for passive cooling, with a longer lifetime than noisy fans
- Highly durable, professional-grade materials
- Coated metal housing, validated in salt spray environments
- Low risk of corrosion with proper maintenance
- IP65-rated, water-resistant, and easy-to-clean glass cover
- No light sources will need replacing for the entire lifetime of the fixture
- Includes hanging kit and integrated drivers for quick and easy installation
(L x W x H)
|18.1″ x 16.4″ x 2.24″|
|Weight||15 lbs (7 kg)|
|Input Voltage||120 V (US) 50/60Hz|
|Coverage||31.50″ x 23.62 (80x60cm) SPS
35.43″ x 27.56″ (90x70cm) LPS
39.37″ x 31.50″ (100x80cm) Mixed Reef
|Min. Mounting Height from Water||5.91″ (15cm)|
|Number of LEDs||Channel 1