The new and innovative Reef Octopus Regal 250-SSS in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 600 gallons where sump space may be limited. The Reef Octopus Regal 250-SSS is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its hybrid conical body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
This Regal skimmer is equipped with a new generation Reef Octopus controllable Direct Current VarioS-6S pinwheel skimmer pump which are the latest in variable speed flow technology and allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyist are alternating current “AC” pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer. Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by the push of a button!!!
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60-minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
– Small Footprint- Saves Sump Space
– Safe and Efficient 36V Power
– High Performance VarioS Skimmer Pump
– Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
– Solid Cast Acrylic Construction
– Disassembles for Easy Cleaning
– High Volume Air Intake
– 600 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand
– 500 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand
– 300 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
– Footprint: 13.8″ x 11.6″
– Neck Size: 5.5″
– Height: 24.5″
– Hybrid Cone Body: 10″
– Output Size: 50mm/1.5″
– Recommended Sump Water Height: 8-10″
– Reef Octopus Controllable VarioS 6S Pinwheel Pump
– Power Consumption: 35-70 watts
– Voltage: DC 24V
– Air Draw: 1200-2400 lph / 42-84 SCFH*
*Air draw results will vary depending on aquarium setup