Tropic Marin Bio-Actif Sea Salt was developed by German chemist Hans Werner. Bio-Actif Sea Salt combines high-purity, clean-dissolving Tropic Marin salts with natural marine biopolymers.
Natural reef water contains a variety of organic polymers called micro-gels. The transparent gels are invisible but play a major role in the marine environment. The gels protect and stabilize planktonic colonies that float in the water. These nutrient-rich micron-sized gels are captured and consumed by SPS, LPS and other invertebrates.
The polymers in Bio-Actif help create these packets of nutritious live foods for your corals. Corals will open up and “reach out” to capture the micro-gels floating in the water. Over time you’ll see more vibrant colors and steady growth.
These bio-active substances help reef fish by providing effective protection of delicate mucous membranes. Bio-Actif will also help stabilize a healthy biological balance in newly set-up reef aquariums, allowing you to start reef-building sooner.
Making weekly 15% water changes will maintain a reef environment with a stable pH and alkalinity along with crystal clear water. You’ll see also notice that your protein skimmer will work more efficiently due to the bio-active substances contained in the salts.
Please note that Bio-Actif Sea Salt is not suitable for quarantine aquariums or for automatic water changing systems. In such applications, Tropic Marin Sea Salt or Tropic Marin Pro-Reef may be used instead.
What we really like about Bio-Actif Sea Salt Mix:
- Clean dissolving salt crystals
- Stable pH and alkalinity
- Corals respond to natural food sources in the aquarium
- Micro-gels help keep the water clear
- Improves protein skimming
- Helps maintain the natural biological balance
Bio-Actif Sea Salt Mix Features:
- Rapid coral growth, even in new reef tanks.
- Better Skimming action for the elimination of contaminants and suspended matter provides a permanent solution to cloudiness, allowing the reef aquarium to shine in full clarity in the most vibrant colors.
- Enhanced biological activity stabilizes water chemistry and keeps the water crystal clear.
- Can be used in new and established reef aquariums.
- Quick-dissolving formula leaves no residue
- Comes in a reusable plastic bucket
Tropic Marin: A strong foundation in science and hobby: The successful methods and techniques of today`s marine aquarists are the result of a close collaboration between serious hobbyists, scientists and specialists at public aquariums. Tropic Marin came about in exactly the same way over 30 years ago! This close cooperation resulted in one of the first complete one-part synthetic marine salt mixtures that provided the optimum natural environment for the professional as well as the private aquarist.