Skimming, filtering and aerating a saltwater aquarium without power consumption is impossible. But, no unit uses less current than TUNZE® DOC Skimmer 9430. The DOC Skimmer has equivalent performance to much larger skimmers consuming more than twice as much power. In addition, no settings are required, it is extremely silent and it is easy to operate.
The DOC Skimmer 9430 DC offers the same characteristic features as the DOC Skimmer 9430 , but is additionally equipped with the electronic Hydrofoamer 9430.044 DC, a controller and a power supply.
The performance of the skimmer can easily be adjusted using the power regulation on the controller (1), thus providing a greater degree of flexibility, for example, in aquariums which are heavily polluted with proteins.
There is a special “cup cleaning” button to execute the cup cleaning process. It switches the pump off and on again, so that the cup can be removed from the aquarium without bubbles. The Hydrofoamer will automatically switch on again after approx. 10 minutes, if the pump has not already been activated again through a repeated manual actuation of the “cup cleaning” button. If the Hydrofoamer is stopped, the air jet will be rinsed. This significantly extends the maintenance intervals of the device.
The Hydrofoamer can also remain in operation and rinses automatically all airways and the air jet.
- Skimmer cup with large capacity; can be removed easily.
- Intermediate chamber with phase water: The patented Anti-Overfoaming System prevent an overfoaming of the skimmer and regulates the skimming action according to surface tension of the aquarium water and water level. The skimmer operates independently and automatically sets its best efficiency.
- Hydrofoamer Silence places the air generator at the top of its product class.
- The removable post-filter at the outlet of the skimmer permits perfect mechanical filtration through 300 µm (11.8 mil) nylon mesh with little biological action only. This ensures that no unwanted nutrient and nitrate sources develop in case of longer cleaning intervals. The filter can be filled with other filter media, such as activated carbon or phosphate absorber.
- The inner mixing cylinder stabilizes the foam rise in the body and ensures bubble-free output water.
- Stable base which also reduces the water velocity in the lower zone of the skimmer.
- “Anti-foaming system” in three steps: After the improvement of the water parameters, the skimmer returns to the normal operating condition again.
1. Normal foam production: the foam rises evenly into the foam reactor.
2. Overfoaming A: Foam production increases due to the surface tension and pulls the bubbles out of the foam reactor.
3. Overfoaming B: Foam production increases further, bubble production is stopped immediately, foam production is reduced.
- Energy Saving
- Recommended for salt water aquariums up to 3,500 liters (925 USgal.).
- Immersion depth from 100 to 200 mm (3.9 to 7.8 in.)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 350 x 300 x 490 mm (13.8 x 11.8 x 19.3 in.)
- Water flow rate: adjustable up to 2,500l/h (660 US gal.),
- Air flow performance: adjustable up to 1,800 l/h (476 US gal./h)
- Energy consumption: up to approx. 38 W
- Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Cable length: 3 m up to Turbelle® controller
- Skimmer cup volume: 2 liters (.5 USgal.)
- Dimensions of the skimmer cup including lid: ø215 x H.218 mm (8.46″ x H. 8.58″)
- To be able to take off skimmer cup it must be raised by 71 mm (2.80″) at least.